Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine Treats

I was helping my daughter put together Valentine treats for her classmates, when I remembered how one of my coworkers many years ago (at a different establishment), would bake these glorious pieces of cream cheese heaven in cookie form for us every Christmas. Since I was already in the giving spirit, I decided I would do the same for my co-workers as a Valentine's treat and add my own spin to the presentation. In order to make them more festive, I rolled up the dough into little balls and placed in mini cupcake liners and baked them all together on a cookie sheet. It was a MAJOR time saver, as I was able to bake more at a time this way. Once they were out of the oven, I decorated them with heart-shaped candy sprinkles. They were so cute to look at! The consistency was a little different than what I was used to, though. When baked directly on a cookie sheet, they turn out a bit more airy. Having baked them on cupcake liners made them a bit more dense, but it didn't compromise the taste in any way. On the contrary, they generated lots of smiles and compliments for the chef (me!) at the office on Valentine's morning.


Leslie, if you're reading this, I just want to say thank you! The tradition you started years ago, lives on.
PS - You can find the recipe here.

Like my blog? Please vote for me at Top Mommy Blogs.com! It only takes 1 second.

No comments :