Friday, April 3, 2015

"Cafecito Con Leche" Printable Kitchen Decor

Spanish Lettering Framed Art

Yay - It's Freebie Friday!
Yes my friends, "Freebie Friday" is back on the blog! I decided to revive the posts, but rather than doing it randomly as I had in the past, I am aiming to post a new printable the first Friday of every month. All freebies will be accessed through my website, and you will be notified via Instagram and Facebook when a new printable is available so make sure you're following Paisley In Paris™ on social media so you don't miss out!

What is "Cafecito con Leche y Canelita"?
Today's hand-lettered piece was inspired by my hubby and our love of coffee. The text reads "Cafecito con Leche y Canelita" which is Spanish for "Coffee with Milk and Cinnamon". This is a daily must in our household, mostly for my husband. I like a little variety, so I mix it up a bit and alternate between coffee, green shakes or tea throughout the week.

How to prepare Cafecito con Leche y Canelita
We drink mostly instant coffee since we're not home long enough in the mornings to drink a whole pot. To prepare it, we:
  1. Add a small cinnamon stick (aka "canela" or "canelita") into a small pot full of water and let it boil. Once it's boiling, we cover it with a lid so the water has time to absorb the flavor of the cinnamon. (We use the cinnamon stick several times before throwing it out. And yes, the pot has a permanent place on our stove. We just add more water to it the next day.)
  2. Pour the cinnamon water into a cup, fill it about 2/3 of the way and add the desired amount of instant coffee ("café" or "cafecito").
  3.  Fill the rest of the cup with milk ("leche") instead of creamer. 
  4. Sweeten with a teaspoon of honey or brown sugar if desired.
  5. Enjoy!
And that my friends, is a great way to start the day. We also have an electric percolator. When we use it, we simply include a small cinnamon stick with the coffee and let it brew. Once the coffee has brewed, follow steps 2-5. 

To download a copy of this 8.5"x11" printable, click here.

~ Dio


Like my blog? Please vote for me at Top Mommy Blogs.com! It only takes 1 second.

No comments :